[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Leonids 2001 -- Some final thoughts

    Hello. I 've met some people who have huge expectations for the average
meteor. No doubt those people who think your average meteor is a fireball
will be disappointed. I heard 400 to 4000 per hour in CT. 4000 per hour would
be a pretty amazing display thats (let me get my calculator)
1.111111111111111 meteors per second. I think my observing site will be
crowded. Of the people I've told about the meteor shower, i think 6 of them
are going to the same location (mine).
    Derek

http://www.meteorobs.org/storms.html