[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Impressive Earth-Grazing Leonid...

Just poked my head out here at midnight (Eastern Shore of Maryland) to check on
sky conditions....which are rapidly improving...hasn't been cloudy for a while
but visibility still wasn't ideal..atmosphere seems to be drying....not planning
on going out for another hour..

Just in the 5 seconds I was out I saw an earth-grazer that extended from horizon
to horizon.....easily longest Leonid or meteor  I've seen and only exceeded in
brightness by 3 or 4 from the 1998 Fireball storm

http://www.meteorobs.org/storms.html