[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Leonids by radio -- still counting !!

Some LONG duration ones, alsmost blowing my speaker out!! Here is
what I've heard so far -- still counting!!

Observer: Michael Boschat
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Lat: N 44d 39'
Long: W 63d 36'
Hgt: 58 meters above sea level
Listening Frequency: 83.24 MHz
Receiver: Icom R-10
Antenna : resonant dipole
Antenna Direction: Horizontally polarized with lobes in E-W plane, elev 0 deg
Filter  : high-Q (Q at least 300) bandpass filter between antenna & receiver.
Listening Mode: CW
Recording method: listening by ear

                          NOVEMBER 2001

           Number of meteors heard in one hour interval

    |           UT
Nov | 10  11  12  13  14         02  03  04  05
17  |  -  32  43  19  10         17  22  32  48
18  | 126 147 86  80   -
http://www.meteorobs.org/storms.html