[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Radio scatter 1900 UT

Nov 18, 2001
1914 UT

For what it's worth, there is a strong meteor storm still happening above
the daylight horizon for western North America as detected by radio
methods.  I went outside a couple of times in the past hour to look for
possible smoke trails in the daylight sky but brief scanning with
binoculars produced no visible signs.  Yet, there is quite a radio storm
happening.

An individual radio count of meteors is *not* quantifiable due to multiple
dense longer lasting reflections. But dense forward scatter conditions like
this are rare. I hope some observers are still listening.

Tom Ashcraft
New Mexico, USA

http://www.meteorobs.org/storms.html