[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) NJ preliminary results

Hi Group,

Had a good night here in NJ. I haven't check w/ our fearless leader, W Hally
yet, but my time observing was from 0745 to 1045 UT. I had to take a 30
minute break because of a problem w/ my tape recorder, but luckily it was
early in the session.
 I felt compelled to keep going even tho morning twilight started
interfering. But as soon as my LMs went below 5.0 I quit, while the
sightseers kept oohhing and aahhing for another 15 minutes or so.
LMs were good for here as they started out in the 5.7 average range and
obviously degraded to below the 5.0 cutoff at twilight.
Meteor totals were:

LEO - 631
TAU - 1
AMO - 2
SPO - 7

148  meteors I recorded as having negative magnitudes, the brightest being a
-10 that had a 3 minute train that the upper winds distorted rather quickly.
Trains of any time length were next to impossible to keep track of as the
activity kept me busy elsewhere.  I will try to have the formal report for
NAMN and NJAA asap.

KK
http://www.meteorobs.org/storms.html