[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) LM's Under a Full Moon

I have successfully observed under a full moon several times. I don't
have the time to research but I am positive that I have reached an LM of
at least +6.0 under such conditions.

The most memorable observation under bright moonlit conditions was the
1997 Leonids which were successfully seen despite achieving an best LM
of +5.65. Rates as high as 56 Leonid per hour were seen that morning
despite the bright moon. The LM could have been better had not the
humidity at our Goldstone site in the Mojave Desert not been 80 percent.
Wes's six points to successfully watch under such conditions is
certainly good advice.

Clear Skies!

Robert Lunsford

http://www.meteorobs.org/storms.html