[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Massive Storm encountered in Oz

Hi everyone
Gee I'd like to shake the hand of those who predicted the storm over
Australia - Spot ON! Congratulations to them.

I am simply stunned. I Cannot put it to words.
It will take days to work it all out, but suffice to say, the storm
was massive with too many trains to be able to count them. They were
massive with some lasting up to 8 mins. Many trains caused backscatter
on FM stations close to my location. I got up at 3am & it had already
started.
I noted at least 8+ dopplers alone on 98.5. It is now 9:18am local DST
& its still going but getting towards its end. Many FM stations were
heard. TV was also very strong.
Anyway, I'd probably fill about 5 CDs or more of recording.
Will post a summary when I can collate the material AND recover!!!
Cheers
Geoff.