[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) NOTE: Enhanced rates continue as of 22:00 UT

Tonight has been a night to beat any I have ever seen:
and my Dutch colleagues assure me that 1999 from Spain
was no comparison either - the peak per-minute rate at
that time being higher than tonight's (multiple) peaks,
but far, far less broad and bright.

Just a quick note of warning to observers WEST of China:
As we broke for bright twilight, meteors appeared to be
continuing at a rate of 3-6 per minute, with many, many
very bright meteors - so many in fact, that the -3s and
the -4s actually became monotonous at the end!

To our friends in India, Jordan, Russia and elsewhere, I
advise you to keep a close watch on the Leonids still...

PS: I will include my own rate estimates with the Press
Release soon to be sent out by the DMS team here. Then I
will fully reduce my data later in the day, and submit a
summary report at least, before day's end here in China.

Continued clear skies everyone!
Lew Gramer

=====
Lew Gramer, owner-meteorobs@atmob.org,