[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) AZ Leonids

In Tucson, AZ, had high thin clouds move in, but then right around 2:30
they left for the most part. I was, to say the least, relieved and excited
when the clouds cleared! Put a lawn chair on top of my roof, limiting mag
was about 5.50.

Had about 400 per hour peak, which was, as far as I could tell, about 3:30
(about 30 mins past projected peak). Most were fast and short lived, though
I did see quite a few with trails, and one nice long fireball across the
north part of the sky. Many times I would see "clusters" of several
meteors, then a pause. Many 0 to -3+. Was a great display. Went inside
about 4:30, believing the best was over, I see from other folks here the
Leonids we not done yet!

Mark

http://www.meteorobs.org/storms.html