[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Leonid Reports

Hi Folks!

I hope everyone was able to locate some clear skies for the great show
the Leonids put on!! So far, I have received over 200 reports! Almost
all of the reports mentioned clear skies, with only a few coming in
where the observer was clouded out.

As you might expect, these reports arrive in a variety of formats, from
the standard NAMN or IMO template, to one or more paragraphs of
narrative. I am thoroughly enjoying reading about all of the meteor
adventures!

Some of these narratives are written in such a way that the report can
not be included in the uncorrected "Recent Observations" article we put
out each month. This is because it does not include one or more
essential pieces of information. If you would like me to include your
data in our summary of observations, I ask that you provide me with the
following information:

*Your name
*The date of the observation
*Both the beginning and ending time of your observation
*Total number of Leonids you observed
*Total number of non-Leonids you observed (other showers and/or
sporadics)

It will take a while to go through all of the reports and input the
data, but I hope to have it completed soon. In the interim, I will
occasionally post progress reports of what we have up to that point. If
anyone sees any errors, I would appreciate it if you would bring that to
my attention.

Clear skies, and thanks!!

Mark Davis, sc.meteors@home.com
Goose Creek, South Carolina, USA