[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Collecting Micrometeorites?

As I recall, one can find small meteorite particles. I think this is how one goes about finding
them:

During a meteor shower, small meteorite particles fall to the ground. They are called
micrometeorites, and are composed of iron and nickel. This is a good time to collect them. Sunday
might have been better. Take a clean plastic bucket outside and place it on a table or high stand
away from the house. You don't want small particles falling off the roof or getting kicked up from
the ground into the bucket. Wait for a day or two to see what you collect. What should you expect?
Small dark particles. They may be close to invisible Use a magnet to pick them up from inside the
bucket.

Comments?

--
            Wayne T. Watson (121.015 Deg. W, 39.262 Deg. N, 2,701 feet)

                    This day and age we're living in,
                    Gives cause for apprehension.
                    With speed and new invention
                    And things like fourth dimension.