[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) admin fwd: Re: [IMO-News] ZHR's Nov. 17/18 from Safford (AZ)

note: "Roger Venable" <rjvmd@knologydot net> is not a member of the list,
please include his address in your response -

Hi Carl.

You wrote:
 >max. ZHR on Nov. 17/18 for the DMS-observers at Safford (AZ) was 2200 at
 >10:35 UT (+/- 5 min.),
 >based on data from Marc de Lignie and Marco Langbroek.

That's wonderful!  But at the same time (1035 UT) for me on the east coast
of the US, just before morning twilight (LM 6.45), I had a ZHR of about 600.
I had this same ZHR repeatedly for observing periods of a few minutes
duration around that time.  That's quite a discrepancy.

-- Roger Venable

http://www.meteorobs.org/storms.html