[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: (meteorobs) 2002 really isn't that unfavorable moon-wise....

> I just checked some programs that give moon position and,
> while it will be full, at 1030UT on Nov. 19th on the East Coast
> of the US, the moon will BARELY be above the Western Horizon...

Interesting! After reading this I tried the same for the "European" peak of
4 UT, and for my regular observing location it turns out that the moon will
be just 15 degrees above the horizon almost exactly west. At that altitude
the extintion should be about 4 magnitudes.

But I also tried it for 1030UT in Massachusetts. Indeed, the moon will only
be a few degrees above the horizon, but keep in mind that at that time
(nautical) twilight is starting.

Daniel
http://www.meteorobs.org/storms.html