[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re:Leonids from IRAN[1]

Hi everybody !
we , 16 astronomer students of Sharif University of
Technology ( Tehran , Iran)
held a gazing program to observe the Leonids Meteor
Shower on Nov 18th .
Our Observing place was KOOH SEFID , a village in Qom
with Cordinates :
       33 deg  49'  58" N     ,     50 deg  17'  17" E
and its Time zone is  GMT + 3.5 .
The weather was mostly cloudly up to 95% , untill 1:30
local time on Nov 19th ,
when the sky became whole clear and we began our
observation .
we devided the sky to 4 region and only counted the
Leonids meteors. Ten observes counted 1500 meteors in
2.5 hour observation . the other were taking
photographs which have not been printed yet .
The members of this observing corporation were :
Dr.Sohrab Rahvar , Amir Hasanzadeh , Zolfaqar Daneshi
, S.Hamed Mirza'Khalil ,Nima Noushi ,
Mohammad Amin Torabi , Amir Afshar , Sara Sadeghi ,
S.Ma'esoomeh PoorAli , Zohreh Barzegar ,
Sahar Keshavarz , Soheyla Maleki ,Fatemeh Borhani ,
Marziyyeh Rostami , Atefeh Yousefi .
    Clear skies ,
     Z.Daneshi
Astronomy Group , Sharif University of Technology