[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) admin fwd: Leonids obs 17-18 Nov from Malta

note that "Joseph Zammit" <astro@nextgendot net.mt> is not subscribed to
meteorobs, please include his address in a reply.

BTW, sorry about the private messages send to the list before, sorry,  we
work hard to keep the list up -
werfried
--------------------------------

Dear Sirs,

The following are the data collected by me on the night of 17 - 18 =
November
2001, to be included in your reports of the event.

Name: Joseph Zammit (ZAMJO)
Location: L-Ahrax tal-Mellieha (Malta)
Altitude: approx. 50 metres above sea level
Conditions: Clear skies, some light pollution to the south and north =
west,
occasional small clouds, SLM 5.6 - 5.7 (calculated on area 4 in Gemini) =
all
through obs. session unless otherwise noted

Time: 0.09 - 4.21, 4.32 - 5.40

  Leonids
Total    166
-10    1
-8    5
-7    5
-6    7
-5    13
-4    11
-3    14
-2    29
-1    13
0    24
1    12
2    14
3    10
4    7
5    1

Sporadics
Total    57
-10    1
-1    5
0    5
1    9
2    4
3    16
4    14
5    3

0.09 - 1.21 (1 hour 13 mins)
Leonids    12
Sporadics    7
TOTAL    19

  1.22 - 2.21 (1 hour)
Leonids    14
Sporadics    8
TOTAL    22

2.22 - 3.21 (1 hour)
Leonids    36
Sporadics    14
TOTAL    50

3.22 - 4.21 (1 hour)
Leonids    40
Sporadics    14
TOTAL    54

4.32 - 5.01 (30 mins)
Leonids    30
Sporadics    12
TOTAL    42

  5.02 - 5.31 (30 mins)
Leonids    31
Sporadics    2
TOTAL    33

5.32 - 5.40 (9 mins) - SLM abruptly dropped to 3.9 due to slight haze =
and
twilight
Leonids    3
(No sporadics)