[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) 2002 really isn't that unfavorable moon-wise....

I'm  hooked on the Leonids and will watch them  moon or no moon from now on,
weather permitting.
This years event was great though my location (~2000 feet elevation on ridge
above Mosier Oregon  USA.)  had rapidly changing haze that
would come and go so fast that it made recording the changing LM impossible.
Finally I had to just sit back and enjoy the many bright meteors and trains.
I tried to record a few 5 minute periods during the peak  when the sky would
clear  but before the 5 minutes were up  the sky had changed drastically.

Despite the haze it was a wonderful  night,
Dustin Brown

    (hey Wes, I'm glad you had good skies in Southern Oregon)