[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Radio observations

Hi all

I emailed the list last week saying we would be doing radio observations
in Ireland. Now this was our first time doing it, and we are therefore
complete beginners, but we used a computer and recorded all the output
data and did our best. Thing is, when I look at the files we got, the
count is *well* too high, by a factor of at least ten, according to other
observations posted to the list.
	I've included my readout of the data for Saturday night, all
times UT: if anyone wants to take a look at them we'd be grateful. I've
also put up a couple of the computer data readouts we got on the net -
2 images (gif format) now up at:

	http://www.maths.tcd.ie/~tass/leonid/

Files are named by when they were recorded i.e. end time.
	I have data for Sunday as well, and the early (UT) hours of Monday
- if you want that I'll put them there too.

Thanks

Breandan

(TASS Chairman)

(TASS is the astronomy society of the Trinity College Dublin. Astro2 is
the astronomy society of the National University Of Ireland, Maynooth)

PS I'm subscribed to the list on another address so no need for replying
to this address as well if you post to the list)

Observer: TASS + Astro2 (Operator Breandán MacGabhann)
Location: Louisberg, Mayo, Ireland
Height: Sea Level
Reciever: ICOM IR-2
Omnidirectional Antenna
Recording Method: Computerised

Saturday 17th November 2001

Time		||	No. of Meteors	Frequency: 106.6MHz

2121-2131	||	0
2131-2132	||	2
2132-3133	||	4
2133-2134	||	5
2134-2135	||	6
2135-2136	||	6
2136-2137	||	4
2137-2138	||	3
2138-2143	||	0
2143-2144	||	7
2144-2145	||	5
2145-2146	||	2
2146-2150	||	0
2150-2151	||	6
2151-2152	||	4
2152-2153	||	4
2153-2154	||	5
2154-2158	||	0
2158-2159	||	1
2159-2200	||	2
2200-2222	||	0
2222-2223	||	1
2223-2225	||	1
2225-2231	||	0

Time		||	No. of Meteors	Frequency: 73.22MHz
2232-2245	||	0

Time		||	No. of Meteors	Frequency: 17.64MHz
2246-2247	||	1
2247-2248	||	1
2248-2252	||	0
2252-2253	||	1
2253-2259	||	0

Time		||	No. of Meteors	Frequency: 106.6MHz
2259-2300	||	1
2300-2301	||	1
2301-2302	||	3
2302-2303	||	6