From: <mlinnolt@alum.mitdot edu>
To: <meteorobs@atmob.org>
Sent: Friday, November 23, 2001 1:39 PM
Subject: Re: (meteorobs) Anyone hearing high counts today?

> I just happened to be out in town last night around midnight local (=10UT
11/23) and my friend saw an unusually large number of meteors. Very
unscientific, of course, but normally untrained observers don't comment on
such things. So I thought it significant she would notice them. They were
fairly bright, given the LM=5 conditions we were under. From the trajectories,
a few could have been AMO's, but many seemed to be Anthelions actually.

> Mike Linnolt (LINMI)
>

> --- Mike Boschat <aa063@chebucto.nsdot ca> wrote:
> > Hi:
> >
> >  Just curious, I woke up at 0800 UT and turned the
> > meteor radio on, I
> > began hearing quite a few meteors and below is what
> > I have heard so
> > far. Just wondering if this is part of the Alpha
> > Monocerotids shower?
> >
> > Observer: Michael Boschat
> > Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
> > Lat: N 44d 39'
> > Long: W 63d 36'
> > Hgt: 58 meters above sea level
> > Listening Frequency: 83.24 MHz
> > Receiver: Icom R-10
> > Antenna : resonant dipole
> > Antenna Direction: Horizontally polarized with lobes
> > in E-W plane, elev 0 deg
> > Filter  : high-Q (Q at least 300) bandpass filter
> > between antenna & receiver.
> > Listening Mode: CW
> > Recording method: listening by ear
> >
> >                           NOVEMBER 23, 2001
> >
> >            Number of meteors heard in one hour
> > interval
> >
> >     |       UT
> > Nov | 08  09  10  11  12  13
> > 23  | 19  49  55  41  35  17 + counting
> >

> The archive and Web site for our list is at http://www.meteorobs.org
> If you are interested in complete links on the upcoming LEONIDS, see:
> http://www.meteorobs.org/storms.html
> To stop getting email from the 'meteorobs' list, use the Web form at:

http://www.meteorobs.org/storms.html

Follow-Ups: References: