[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: Leonid Report for Western NC.

I just wanted to say thanks for your replies.  The truth is, it probably
did last for more than 5 seconds.  The sky was already lighting up, which
caught our attention to look in another direction.  By the time we found
it, it had already been burning and the we saw it for at least 3-4
seconds (if not a little longer).  Most interesting to say the least.

True, it wasn't an iridium flare.  You could easily see burning debris
falling.  Kind of like when we used to play with sparklers and watching
them fall from the stick.  this only happened near the end of the burn.
Oh well.
http://www.meteorobs.org/storms.html