[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE:(meteorobs) Radio Leonids - address correction

Oops!...I mistyped my email address in the previous post...

correct email address for getting the sound file is
72632.1427@compuserve.com

Message text written by INTERNET:meteorobs@atmob.org

"
I monitored a couple of FM forward scatter frequencies during the Leonids.
This storm created the densest sound field I have ever observed during a
meteor shower/storm. It would be difficult to "unpack" the many
transmitters reflected into my array at any instant to get an actual count
but the sounds are quite interesting in texture.

I observe from northern New Mexico (USA)  with antennas oriented out over
the Great Plains States of central North America so there are many FM
transmitters that are possible reflectors. All are many hundreds of miles
in distance from my site.

I have a sample sound file of reception at 89.5 MHz recorded during the
1052-53 UT minutes that gives a flavor of the Leonid peak hour. It displays
meteor on top of meteor interspersed with smaller fireballs.  It is about a
660k .wav file and if anyone is interested in hearing it I can send it off
as an email.

Tom Ashcraft
35.29 N  105.53 W
Lamy, New Mexico, USA