[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) An Image of a Micrometeorite?

----- Original Message -----
From: Wayne Watson <mtnviews@earthlinkdot net>
Subject: (meteorobs) An Image of a Micrometeorite?

> Anyone know where I can find an image of a micrometeorite on the web? I've
searched mighty hard to
> find something, but have yet to find one that has been recovered on the
earth's surface or
> atmosphere. There are pictures on the JSC NASA site that show one's
collected in space, but none
> from the earth's atmosphere. I'm looking for a URL rather than hints.
>
> --
>             Wayne T. Watson (121.015 Deg. W, 39.262 Deg. N, 2,701 feet)

Wayne:

    I have also checked the web with few results.  I suggest that you check
back issues of the Meteoritical Society Journal, now called MAPS.  These may
be available in a good science library.  Also an I.A.U. publication of
Symposium No.90, Solid Particles in the Solar System, edited by Ian Halliday
and B. A. McIntosh, chapter, Analysis of Interplanetary Dust Collections by
Brownlee et al.  I know of no popular literature on this subject I'm afraid.
Perhaps others have suggestions!  Can't help you with a web source.

Ed Majden

http://www.meteorobs.org/storms.html

Follow-Ups: References: