[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Strange Leonid...

I just found out something very curious about those photos. They are
obviously photos of aurorae, and the mix of meteors and aurorae is very
impressive. The problem is, the geomagnetic data for November 18th doesn't
indicate much in the way of auroral activity. Here's the URL:

http://www.sec.noaadot gov/ftpdir/lists/geomag/200111AK.txt

There was a site, Tiksi Bay, that shows K-values of 6. If our photographer
was in northern Siberia, then these photos are credible. If not, then I want
to get some more information about these photos before I grant them any
credence. This is all very strange.

Chris

http://www.meteorobs.org/storms.html

Follow-Ups: References: