[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: (meteorobs) ZHR question follow-up

> Sort of related to that, full Moon is bad and full city glow is
> bad.  Are the two together the worst of all?  Should one still
> get out of the city even when the Moon is full?  I suppose it
> really depends on how bad the city glow (and air pollution) is.

There was a message on this list mentioning the fact that for the east coast
the moon will only be a few degrees above the horizon during the peak, yet
at the same time nautical twilight will begin.

I guess in a city there will be less places without obstruction, on the
other hand there might be less fog.

> A while ago on Space.com I read a Leonids report by someone who
> traveled from Houston, TX, to the McDonald Observatory and had
> completely clear sky there!  I was within a couple of hours of

Earlier this year we saw the full lunar eclipse from Cosmos Observatory in
Lattrop while Hengelo, only a few miles away was clouded during the whole
event.

Daniel
http://www.meteorobs.org/storms.html