[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Leonid report - narrative - Nov 17/18, Mt. Lemmon, AZ (ATAJU)

I checked using Guide 7 and here in Edmonton (Elev 672 m) on the 18th the
radiant center rose at  05:27 UT.
If at 111 km elevation the radiant center would have risen at 03:37 UT.

Larry Wood

> Mike,
> It is also possible for the radiant to be below the horizon for an
> observer on the ground, but the 100 to 120 km height of Leonid's start of
> light to be above the horizon. Jim  Richardson wrote an article about it a
> few years ago. I believe the conclusion was that the radiant can be almost
> 10 degrees below the horizon, but I'll have to check on that...my math
> isn't currently in use enough to figure it out.

http://www.meteorobs.org/storms.html

Follow-Ups: References: