[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Fwd: Miracle Watching [spiritual musings on the Leonids]

We drove 350 miles to western Oklahoma to find clear
skies. From 1:30 a.m. to 4:30 a.m. when the clouds
moved back in, we saw over 1,200 meteors  in that
time. At the end, the storm was just peaking, and we
were seeing--in the little clear area above us and on
the horizon--four or five at a time, each of them
fireballs. In the last half hour of clear viewing on
the eastern horizon alone, I saw about 600 fall while
I drove and looked out the car window. If the sky6 had
remained clear, this would have been a truly6 amazing
storm with thousands of them visible, probably with up
to two hundred per minute capable of being seen. I do
not have time to tell about the first one we saw at
12:08 a.m., but will write later to tell that amazing
tale which actually scared all of us in believing a :
ddeep impact" was about to occur. Thanks.

Johnie'
Tulsa, OK