[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Leonid report - narrative - Nov 17/18, Mt. Lemmon, AZ (ATAJU)

> >Wouldnt they also possibly be appreciably slowed down by air drag?

I guess that would be involved as well, but the deceleration of a higher
angle of incidence would likely be greater overall.

> that implies one might be able to distinguish dust trails when 2 are present
> at the same time, like 17:50 UT Nov 18. Would the orbital element differences
> be detectable with separated video cameras?

Yep, that was part of the prediction and experiment.  Initial looks suggest
only one possible 9-rev Leonid and the rest 4-rev.

http://www.meteorobs.org/storms.html