[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: (meteorobs) Fwd: Leonids: USA "vs" the Eastern Hemisphere

Rates of the order of 2000+ would be at odds with the visual
counts and our preliminary look at the videos from New Mexico.
Under very clear skies, it looks like the ZHR did not exceed
1100 or so. I have to go with the IMO on this one, though
I am convinced the first peak in 2000 was much higher than
published.

Sort of moot, really. We'll know when the video is analyzed;
that's the beauty of having it all on tape.

Bill Cooke
CSC/ED44
Marshall Space Flight Center, AL 35812
Phone: (256) 544-9136