[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Leonids - wide angle(8mm) view CAUTION!!!!!!!!!

Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2001 2:31 AM
Subject: Re: (meteorobs) Leonids - wide angle(8mm) view

> YK wrote:
>
> >    A short one-page stuff on my adventure on wide field
> > Leonids photography with an affordable Russian Peleng
> > 3.5/8mm lens..
>
> Beautiful. Yes these Russian fisheyes are very good optically and
> recorded a large number of meteors that night.

    A word of CAUTION when ordering these lenses directly from Russia.  Be
SURE you know who you are dealing with!  I ordered a Peleng lens from a
Victor Kouznetsov back in May 2000.  He uses the e-mail address of <Rustem
Salikov> rustquick@mtu-net.ru
Kouznetsov claimed he worked for a Russian institute in Moscow and could
supply such a lens.  NOTHING has arrived and he has stopped answering my
e-mails.  Payment was sent via a New York bank but that's the last I saw of
it.  Many enquiries were made, at which time he offered many excuses and
then eventually stopped answering.  My last message to them, asked if they
enjoyed the Vodka I had bought them!  At the same time, I was considering
buying a Maksutov Newtonian  which he said he could supply.  Thank god I
didn't send them the money for this too.  CHECK OUT YOUR DEALERS!!!!!!!

Ed

http://www.meteorobs.org/storms.html