[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) My Leonids 2001 photos...

Greetings,

I have a number of Leonids 2001 photos (taken from West Virginia,
U.S.A.) that might be of interest. It was a joint effort between me
and Michael Vasseur. They are 50mm unguided and a few piggyback
photos. I tend to keep my meteor photo efforts relatively simple, and
with basic equipment since I'm more into visual observing. Despite
all our bad luck with "Murphy's Law", we still got a number of
interesting shots. I think the most impressive is the end-path of one
of the many colorful earthgrazers that we saw. Here's how to view
them...

1) First, go to to the URL...

2) Click on folders named --> "TheLeonids" --> "Leonids results from
West Virginia"

To see HIGH-RES scans and better colors of the same photos as above;
from the above URL, click on folders named --> "TheLeonids" -->
"HIGH-RES Leonids pic from our trip to WV". These are probably more
suitable for display. I also have 300dpi TIF files available upon
request.

Clear skies to all for the Geminids!!

Pierre Martin
Ottawa, Ontario