[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Yet even more 2001 Leonid data!

Greetings all,
     Firmly believing that the Leonids themselves were far more impressive then the numbers they left behind, I will not bore the list with yet another endless set of number columns.  I am happy, however, to share the data I have with anyone who seeks it.  Right now, I have them down to 5-minute counts and magnitude distribution and am working down toward one-minute counts.  My personal email is: jonesp1@msn.com, just give me a shout if you would like to receive what I have and can send as an attachment (done in a Word for Windows document).  My counts around 1030 UT are not as high as some I have seen from points west of Florida, but I realize now, that in the excitement of the moment, I probably missed recording more then a couple of the ones I actually saw.  I have no doubt that 30 to 40 per minute were actually falling around that time.  There was nothing in my 27 years of meteor observing experience that prepared me for what we saw that morning!  In the final analysis, my excitement got the better of me, but I wouldn't have had it any other way!

Warm regards to all, Paul Jones