[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) November Meteor Hunting INTRODUCTION

November 30, 2001

Greetings Meteor Enthusiasts!

METEOR HUNT INTRODUCTION

Casting aside the gloomy fog that consumed the early,
morning sky of Nov. 18, I had some good hunting nights
otherwise this November.   Those observations should
hopefully follow this introduction in separate posts
to the list.   I calculated the limiting magnitude in
all but the last report without using a star area
chart and all hunts are recorded on a custom designed
report form.   Hopefully, (if it is rather preferred),
I will try to use a NAMN reporting form sometime in a
future meteor hunt.

I live on Pickerel Lake in Newaygo, Newaygo Co., MI.
All observing has been done right at home by the lake
and any difference in elevation in my reports is due
to how close I was to the lake since my house is
situated on a small slope.

Forgive me, though, if any of the data presented in
the separate posts are confusing or inaccurate in any
way. I will be glad to untangle anything that may be
in error.

Long trains and wobbling meteors!

Mark Fox
Newaygo, MI USA