[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Jupiter's effect?

I read that Jupiter's graviational pull will prevent us from oberving signficant amounts of meteors during the 2033 (?and 2066) years... I was wondering if this is probably an effect on all the leonid dust trails (as they travel quite closely together???) or if this is just for the dust trails that have been identified?

Is it possible (or likely) that there are other dust trails that we are not familiar with that might produce significant numbers around 2033?

thanks in advance to anyone that might have answers to these questions (and thanks also to those of you that provided such great answers to my last questions)-

Mark
http://www.meteorobs.org/storms.html