[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Reentry - Japanese JERS-1? Sorry!

Satobs.org predicted reentry of JERS-1 on November 27th. NASDA predicted Dec 3, it's Dec 2nd now, and thats in the ballpark.

It could be parts of the Proton, but I'm not quite convinced.. Look at the orbital elements of the Satellites the Proton launched and see if they had a trajectory that would pass over the US..

Protons launch all the time and usually the reentries (of the stages) occur over the plains of Russia (see the last Space Illustrate Magazines articles on Russian Rocket Junk) , the parts that make it into orbit usually fall a few days later... I may be totally off, but then again it could be JERS or Proton.

~Ted