[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Another re-entry?

As a correction to my earlier message, in which I claimed that the final
(so far) object from the launch, the Blok DM upper stage, had been
designated as "E". In fact it is "F" after all, though there is still no
sign of an "E", the expected designation for the "Platform" which I
(still) believe was the object responsible for the decay seen from
England and France.

In summary:

Objects A, B and C are the Uragan and Uragan-M satellites now in
near-circular orbits at 19,120 km;

Object D was the Proton rocket (3rd stage) that decayed over
Texas/Oklahoma;

Object F is the Blok DM upper stage that delivered A/B/C to orbit and
that remains in a similar high orbit.

No elements have been released for "E". I suspect this designation was
reserved for the "Platform" that decayed over England/France.

Sorry for the mix-up,

Alan
--
Alan Pickup