[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: [nhas] Did you hear any Leonids?

I was wondering if any one thinks that the supposed
sound is a mental thing.  We are conditioned when we
see a bright flash to anticipate a loud sound (ie
lightning and thunder, TV explosions).  I thought I
heard a sizzle or crackle from a fireball but it was
not recorded on my tape, nor did my wife hear it. She
did not see the fireball but was laying within a
couple of feet from me. By the way, she can usually
hear better than I can. Any ideas on this mental sounds