[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Geminds/Earthgrazer Question

I've noticed from the posts that there were a lot of horizon to horizon earth grazers observed during the Leonids, early when the radiant was low.  Was this a phenomenon that was unique to the Leonids or is it common to all showers?  Is is possible that we might see horizon to horizon earthgrazers during the Geminds and if so, when is the best time to observe for this from the South Eastern US?

I was disappointed that I did not witness any of these during the Leonids because I may have been sleeping.

It was probably a splendid horizon to horizon earth grazer that I saw on July 6, which has sparked my new interest in meteor observing and my interest in learning from others here on the list.  Sure would like to see another!

Thanks,

Tod
Miami, Fl.