[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) URL preliminary Leonid results from Safford, Arizona

Hi Folks,

For those who are interrested: I have posted some preliminary results derived
from our visual Leonid observations from Safford, Arizona, on URL:
http://home.wanadoodot nl/marco.langbroek/leo2001.html

The page contains a bar-diagram with my 1 minute counts, and a preliminary ZHR
curve based on observations by Marc de Lignie and me.

The latter very nicely shows the peak of the 7 revolutions trail (1767 dust).
Near the end of our observational interval, there might be a hint of the
presence of the 6 revolutions (1800 dust) trail as well, but that remains more
ambiguous.

Our team at Safford formed a video multistation network with another Dutch team
at Benson and an American team at Mt. Lemon. This was one of 3 succesful
expeditions we organized to cover this year's Leonids (1 to China and 2 to the
USA, see also the DMS website www.dmsweb.org).

Best wishes,

Marco Langbroek
Dutch Meteor Society (DMS)