[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Electrophonics -- anywhere, anytime

Johnie wrote:
    >>I thought I heard a sort of sizzle in the air as it went past, like
hot grease in a pan in
>>which a drop of water has been placed there. That, I guess, was just a
fantasy based on
>>what I was seeing as the car windows were up.

     It dawned on me as I read Johnie's narrative that if the
electrophonic phenomenon is real, then it shouldn't be confined to
night-time outdoor observers -- it should be happening pretty much all
the time, indoors, in daylight and on non-shower dates as well as at
night while observing during peak shower times.  In fact, (if a fireball
passes overhead) I should hear a sizzle while on the couch watching TV,
at work, or driving in my car to see grandma.  In short, people should be
hearing unexplained sizzles or crackles or whatever, pretty regularly --
given of course the expected necessary requirements (having frizzy hair,
wearing glasses, standing near large metal objects, etc).  Since I have
frizzy hair and often wear glasses, I should be hearing unexplained
sounds at least two or three times a week, if not more often.  But I
don't.

    In fact, it seems to me like there would already be literature on
those weird sizzles that people hear quite regularly but can't explain.
Everyone would at least know someone who reports regularly hearing odd
sounds "out of the blue."  In short, given that fireballs are not really
all that uncommon (on a global scale) the electrophonic sounds should be
relatively ubiquitous, at the very least among certain "sensitive"
individuals.

Kim Youmans