[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) POSTING GUIDELINES for 'meteorobs'

should mention a couple of quick "netiquette" rules which we try
to maintain for our list, so that everyone enjoys participating.

Here they are! Comments are welcome, but PRIVATELY (to our "List
Elf" address of owner-meteorobs@atmob.org). Those wishing me to
forward or summarize their comments to the list at large, please
just state that wish in your private comments email to me...

1) During busy times of the year, such as the peak weeks of the
Leonids, Geminids, Perseids, etc. please REMAIN ON TOPIC! If
you have any doubts about what is on topic, a message which I
sent out last August should be helpful:

    http://www.meteorobs.org/maillist/msg22686.html

2) During quieter times of the year, feel free to "go out on a
limb" and discuss less meteor-specific topics. But PLEASE keep
these to a resasonable (low) volume of posts, and as near our
area of mutual interest as you can. (This is hard sometimes.)

3) Do NOT use derogatory or inflammatory language on our list.
We are a diverse community, of individuals from ALL age groups,
nations, and cultures, and such posts cannot be tolerated. You
will be removed, and very possibly banned for good.

4) When you REPLY TO ANOTHER POST, please *do not* include the
entire text of that previous post! Try to limit your "quoting"
to only the paragraph, sentence, or even just the *phrase* in
the original post to which you are specifically replying.

This last act of common courtesy is particularly important to
our *200* digest users, who must wade through all posts, line
by line - and have no desire to read the same message 4 or 5
times, because it was quoted over and over again in replies.

That's all there is to it! Otherwise, our most important rules
are simply: (1) HAVE FUN and (2) Do not ever be afraid to ask a
meteor-related question at any "level"! That's why we're here. :)

Clear skies everyone,
Lew Gramer <owner-meteorobs@atmob.org>

http://www.meteorobs.org/storms.html