[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: last Leonid first Geminid

In a message dated 12/8/01 4:46:17 AM Eastern Standard Time,
nmcleod@peganet.com writes:

<< The blue was an intense average-sky color with the
 green subtle.  Geminids look like the flaming balls coming out of Roman
 candles, and this one was no exception.  >>

Norm --

It is interesting that you described the Geminids in this manner.  Here was
my description sent directly (not through meteorobs) to "Boofy60" who sent
the "Help the neophyte [Info about the GEMINIDS for newcomers?"] message a
few days ago:

"The Geminids are a really nice shower . . . their meteors remind me not of
streaks, but more like the glowing balls shot from a Roman Candle."

-- joe rao

http://www.meteorobs.org/storms.html