[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Observing meteor from space

Hi all

I'm back to this list after 3 years (since 98 leonids, great
fireballs!). It's nice to be here once again.

I've been thinking if any of you have ever heard something about a
meteor observing program performed by the ISS crew (or Mir or Shuttle
crew) visually or by video. I think it's possible to get a nice wide
field view of the brighter meteors (how bright?) ocurring continuosly
all over the dark side of the earth. It would be great to view a leonid
meteor storm from up there, looking down instead of up. Too bad the
night be so short from low orbit, but always there's another in 45
minutes.

Kiko Soares
P. Prudente - Brasil
22.07 S - 51.22 W