[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Early Geminids/WM1

Last nite I was at our locals star party on Oahu's north shore. Conditions not so good with a lot of clouds and showers around, but during clearings, I saw a number of early Geminids, mainly from 9-10pm. No counting was done.

Comet WM1 is looking very good now. I estimated it mag 5.7 with over a degree of tail. Its barely visible by naked eye, though. With a motion in excess of 3°/ day, its movement is quite apparent in just a few minutes of observation.

Any thoughts on whether this comet will leave a meteor trail for us?

Mike Linnolt

http://www.meteorobs.org/storms.html