[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Leo peak China

Marco,

> I've added a first preliminary activity curve from observations of the DMS
> network in China to my webpage
> (http://home.wanadoodot nl/marco.langbroek/leo2001.html). This actually gives a
> peak at 18:00 UTC at the latest. I am really starting to wonder whether the
> predicted 4 revolutions trail (1899 dust) really has produced any
> significant contribution to the observed activity. Rather, it would seem
> that this could have been almost completely due to the 9, 10 and 11
> revolution trails instead. Which would have implications for 2002. I've made
> up my mind, I'll be observing from Europe next year.

Your webpage is quite nice.

It seems that the answer to whether the meteors we saw came from different
revolutions might be derived quite precisely from the photographic and vedio
multi-station observations during the expeditions. I can not help but
thinking how the final result will look like.

I was thinking about observe 2002 Leonids somewhere in US. However, from
your statement, perhaps I should think about staying in China for that? :-)

Clear skies for the Geminids.

Jin
--
Jin Zhu                             | Tel.:  +86-10-62756286 (O)
National Astronomical Observatories |        +86-314-5520267 (Schmidt dome)

Follow-Ups: References: