[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

R: (meteorobs) WM1 shower?

Da: Kiko Soares <kikosideral@yahoo.com.br>
Data: luned́ 10 dicembre 2001 5.17
Oggetto: (meteorobs) WM1 shower?

>mlinnolt@alum.mitdot edu wrote:
>> Any thoughts on whether this comet will leave a meteor trail for us?
>
>===========
>I did some rough simulations on Starry Night (using "inner solar system"
>projection) and found that Linear WM1 will cross the plane of the
>earth's orbit (ascending node??) around 01/march/2002 at 1,5 million km
>of the earth's path. I then adjusted the comet's path so that I could
>see where in the sky the comet seems to come from (form earth's orbit
>point of view) in that moment. This point sits in southern Lepus. The
>earth will cross this point around 18/may/2002. I think it's possible
>that the comet's debris could be spread that distance (1,5 million km)
>by this date, isn't it?

I think that it shall be not a new shower because the dusts of this comet
shall haven't the right time for reach the Earth in 79 days and it shall
be probable that the trail of dust of this comet it's not so long for
the 2003 (or following years), as the other Linear comet with a possible
radiant around 11 november. Only if there is a torus of dust at this
moment we can enjoi to see meteors but the comet isn't a periodic
comet or with a period of many thousand years then there is not
certainly a torus from this comet. Sorry.
Roberto Gorelli

http://www.meteorobs.org/storms.html