[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: R: (meteorobs) WM1 shower?

Roberto G. wrote:
> I think that it shall be not a new shower because the dusts of this comet
> shall haven't the right time for reach the Earth in 79 days

Ok. I've already suspected a meteor shower is unlikely. But the
ascending node is inside earth's orbit. What about the tiny particles
spread outward the comet's orbit by the solar wind (the tail)? Are they
capable or producing detectable meteors? The large ones could take
longer to spread and we may run over them in may.

By the way, I forgot to consider the orbital velocity of the earth in my
simulations. So the hypothetical radiant would be more to the west of
Lepus, around Fornax-Sculptor. In other words, it would be a early
morning southern shower. This fact can make difficult to discern a weak
shower from the background activity.

Kiko Soares
Brasil