[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

R: R: (meteorobs) WM1 shower?

-----Messaggio originale-----
Da: Kiko Soares <kikosideral@yahoo.com.br>
A: meteorobs@atmob.org <meteorobs@atmob.org>
Data: luned́ 10 dicembre 2001 16.23
Oggetto: Re: R: (meteorobs) WM1 shower?

>Roberto G. wrote:
>> I think that it shall be not a new shower because the dusts of this comet
>> shall haven't the right time for reach the Earth in 79 days

>Ok. I've already suspected a meteor shower is unlikely. But the
>ascending node is inside earth's orbit. What about the tiny particles
>spread outward the comet's orbit by the solar wind (the tail)? Are they
>capable or producing detectable meteors? The large ones could take
>longer to spread and we may run over them in may.
>
>By the way, I forgot to consider the orbital velocity of the earth in my
>simulations. So the hypothetical radiant would be more to the west of
>Lepus, around Fornax-Sculptor. In other words, it would be a early
>morning southern shower. This fact can make difficult to discern a weak
>shower from the background activity.
>

>Kiko Soares
>Brasil

Each dust grain should travel elong 1,500,000 Km in 6,825,800
seconds (79 days), but the trajectory it's not direct, more probably
the real traiectory should be 1,5 or more of this distance, this need
a minimal average speed of 220 meters/sec, this speed is 10-100
biggest of the radial speeds of cometary dusts, the radiation pres-
sure of the Sun cannot give this speed in this little time.
Naturally as meteor observer I hope that Soares it's in the just one.
Roberto Gorelli

Sorry for the bad English

http://www.meteorobs.org/storms.html