[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) fireball

After being out of the planetarium for a week, I am now starting to get some
reports of a fireball seen in SW Louisiana on Friday, November 30, at around
5:45 PM CST (23:45 UT).  This is a different sighting than for the recent
rocket re-entry, which was the next evening.

An experienced observer driving due west on I-10 just west of Lafayette, LA,
described the fireball as moving left to right crossing directly in front of
him, with an altitude of about 25 to 30 degrees.  Several other reports are
consistent with that.  If anyone on the list has other reports of this, I'd
be interesting in hearing about them.  Please answer off-list
(dehostetter@msisdot net) since the Geminids are coming up.  Thanks!

Dave Hostetter

http://www.meteorobs.org/storms.html