[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) WM1 shower?

Huan Meng wrote:
> RA=28 deg, DECL=-3 deg (on that page) is a little bit far away from these
> results. So I don't think the omicron-Cetids is a good candidate for WM1
> shower.

============
Curiously the Omicron Cetids radiant have almost the same discrepancy
from the hypothetical WM1 radiant that that new november shower, Iota
Autigids you mentioned early this year:
http://www.astroarchive.com/t/display.asp?UID=1173974

The hypothetical WM1 radiants is about 22 degrees to the north of Iota
Aurigids and 25 to the south of Omicron Cetids radiant. The
discrepancies in RA don't seem to match so well, but this can be due to
inconsistencies in the radar data of Omicron Cetids (+40 years old).

Can these differences be credited to orbital perturbations on the comet
or its stream?

Can there be any link between these showers and the WM1?

Kiko Soares
P. Prudente - Brasil
22.07 S - 51.22 W