[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Geminid radio meteors - high this morning!

I Observed casually from my back garden last night (11/12 Nov)under a LM of
around 3,and saw 7 Geminids between 01:30 and 04:30 UT - most were around 0
mag,and the best i saw was just as i was unlocking my door to go
outside,when i caught the end of beautiful vivid green and slow moving -8
mag Geminid fireball as it disappeared behind the trees and houses which my
garden backs onto!

Glad i saw at least one nice fireball,as the peak now looks as though it
will be completely clouded out for us here in the UK!!

At 10:50 12/12/01 -0400, you wrote:
>  Well, I am still listening to the Geminids at this time but will
>end the session by noon. The rates are slowly dropping now and I will
>start monitoring again later tonight after 0000 UT.

http://www.meteorobs.org/storms.html

Follow-Ups: References: