[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Question about Leonid photo

On the Astronomy Picture of the Day for Dec. 12, there was
a nice Leonid photo:

http://antwrp.gsfc.nasadot gov/apod/ap011212.html

This is just to ask about the angles of the meteors.  They
don't appear to be radiating from one point (To the left of
the observatory they appear to be approaching each other.),
but I know it has to be something about the optics of the
system and/or the radiant's motion over a period of time.
I'm not a photographer, so I know very little about types
of lenses, etc.

Ed Cannon - ecannon@mail.utexasdot edu - Austin, Texas, USA

http://www.meteorobs.org/storms.html